Earth Day April 22nd
10 tips to make every day Earth Day:
1. Live in walkable, transit oriented communities, whether large cities, small towns or suburbs.
2. Get a bike
3. Get in the comfort zone
4. Dress appropriately
5. Go Minimalist
6. Throw out your TV
7. Eat less red meat
8. Eat local and seasonal food
9. Plan to can
10. Practice the 7 RsReuse instead of buying new every time.
Repurpose The more creative cousin of reuse, repurposing turns old junk into new, functional objects.
Rot compost everything organic.
Repair instead of replacing.
Return Only buy from companies with take-back programs.
Refill instead of buying disposable bottles and paper cups.
Refuse to buy overpackaged, disposable, single-use junk.
This article was written by and copied from: Lloyd Alter (@lloydalter)
1. Buy LED light bulbs
2. Adjust your TV's settings
3. Wash clothes in cold water and use the fastest spin speed available
4. Turn off the Instant-on setting on the Xbox One
5. Don't stream videos through your game console
6. Upgrade the aerators on your kitchen and bathroom sinks
7. Recycle your old consumer electronics properly
8. Turn off your furnace when the cold weather ends
9. Buy a new toilet that uses no more than 1.28 gallons per flush
This article was written by and copied from Noah Horowitz
Here's some other links for great articles:
Here are some related items I sell at my Web Store:
#1 WOODEN CLOTHESPIN EARRINGS
#2 HEMP EARRINGS#3 DECALS
Thank you for visiting & reading my blog today ~ Happy EARTH Day!